Contact lens eye examinations at OptiCentre.
What testing is required for contact lenses?
If you have never worn contact lenses before, your optometrist will generally do the following:
- Firstly they will need to gather information about your eye history as to any eye infections you have suffered, previous eye injuries, surgery or dry eyes. They will also need to know any medications you are taking in case they will affect your ability to wear contact lenses comfortably.
- Your optometrist will also ask about how often you want to wear contact lenses and what activities (sports, hobbies, computer work) that you will need to use them for.
- It is also important to find out if you work in a dry or dusty environment as some contact lenses are better than others for this.
- If you are over 40 and need help for reading, we will discuss the various options for correcting your close vision, such as monovision or multifocal contact lenses.
If you already wear contact lenses, your optometrists will need to check the following:
- What your vision is like with the lenses (each eye by itself then both together).
- If your vision can be improved with a new prescription.
- How well the lenses are fitting and if they move well on the eye.
- Your eye health. Is there any sign of contact lens overwear or lack of oxygen?
Types of custom contact lenses we fit here at OptiCentre: